A while back now, my adorable, talented, amazing friend Matt tagged me to write six little known facts about myself. At least I think that was the assignment. I had already done the "Seven strange things about me" one, so it has taken me a little while to think up more stuff.
1. I...love...ellipses... Maybe you've noticed... For me, they convey just the perfect amount of subtle wit or wry sarcasm. I'm not really an exclamation point girl--too in-your-face. Periods just don't give me enough feeling. I use dashes a lot too--they seem conversational. Oh, and parentheses. They are like funny asides, or secrets between you and me. (I feel like a nerd right now...)
2. I do not wear yellow. I think the picture below is the last time I wore it. Notice the age of my kids! I think it is a gorgeous color, just not so much on me.
3. I had the best job ever from the ages of 15 to 18. My friend Rebecca hooked me up big-time with a cush job recording songs for elementary school kids for Macmillan/Mcgraw Hill School Publishing. We would go to the recording studio for about four to six hours, mostly during the summer, and sing all of these different songs, taking long breaks in between and eating a lot. We recorded many of the songs in different languages--we would just have the words written phonetically. Sometimes, we would get called in to lay down a solo, which was cool because you got paid extra. For whatever reason, I sort of rocked at the Asian solos so that was all I ever ended up doing. Our producers wanted to tell their boss that I was some little Chinese girl named Hai Lee. I was cool with that. I still remember one entire Chinese song and I will sing it for you next time I see you, I promise. But I tell you what, after having a job like that, waiting tables is just not as glamorous as you might think.
4. I had a total of five Norwegian live-in nannies as a kid. Consequently, I can count to ten in Norwegian and probably know some swear words.
5. I ran track and field in high school for two years because it was the easiest sport to letter in. I ran the 100m high hurdles. No, I was not the star of the team, but yes, I got that letter. The next year, my school passed a policy that allowed you to letter in choir and theater. All of those shin splints for nothing!
6. I love hospitals. I went to visit my friend at the hospital last month and this feeling of peace and warmth washed over me as I walked through the doors. I just wanted to check myself in. Granted, I'd had a rough week, but everyone is so helpful and everything is so sterile. And I like hospital food. I hope heaven is kind of like a hospital for just a few days, maybe while you recover from your "journey" from the other side. All my loved ones can come visit and I can eat and rest and read magazines (although probably not Entertainment Weekly.)
OK, so I tag my mom and Mila and Aydan and I think everyone else has done this.
P.S. I did not purposefully delete my family links from the sidebar. Ben did. He was trying to upload a new template for me and he messed everything up, bless his heart. I haven't had the patience or the time to fix it. So don't be offended, family...