Friday, July 01, 2011

Booner Got Hitched!


Daniel, affectionately known as Booner, is my brother-in-law. He is also one of my favorite people of 2011 because he decided to get married and therefore provided an excuse for my whole family to leave the icy grip of the island of Manhattan and spend four glorious days in Arizona at the beginning of March. The trip was fabulous, although we missed Jake's and Aaron's families, who were understandably holding down the forts in London and Okinawa, respectively. Booner is one of the pickiest kids ever, so I knew Lauren had to be amazing--she's an elementary school teacher and absolutely charming and we're happy to welcome her to the family! The reception was gorgeous and I danced more than I have danced in YEARS.* The deejay also said, "Holy Moly, you're a good dancer!" which was thrilling to a nerdy 30-something like myself. In addition to the wedding itself, we loved hanging out with cousins and some of us even cried when we were packing to go home. Here are some highlights from our trip:


Grandma picked us up at the airport--first time in a minivan in 6 months!


We don't care if the water's freezing! It's time for pizza and a pool party at Grandma's.


Caden, Lane, Austin and Lucy


Melanie and I went cruising in the Mustang because we cool like that.


The family dinner was at Cafe Rio, but this cake was from heaven, I think.
.
All of the adults after the sealing.


Cutiest


The original Smith fam, with Lauren.


Birdhouses


Mmmmm...


Classic Boon expression


Lane


Lucy


I just like this one of Lane for some reason.


Collin, Caden, and Ethan. Maybe Ethan's pant hems are duct taped.


Mila and Kate


The glowing bride with my three girls.



Everyone in our family that was in town! And yes, I got the memo about the appropriate color combination, but no, I didn't exert enough effort to do something about it (see: comment above about the NY winter's icy grip and take pity on me for never desiring to leave my apartment to shop.)


Siblings


Everyone loves Uncle Booner!


Our family claims three sets of twins.


Boon with baby Abby


My nephews and a cousin just started break-dancing, out of nowhere. It was awesome.


Congrats, you two!

*I'm pretty sure one of my brothers-in-law has some blackmail-worthy photos of my dance moves.

2 comments:

ellen said...

I think I originally found your blog through Christina Davis (we worked together) and then the other night Rochelle J. (we're in the same ward) told me that you're cousins! It's a small world after all...

ellen said...

P.S. That's a lot of brothers!