Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's the 21st Century, Folks!

Mila and Ethan were playing the game of LIFE this morning, as they often do on Sunday mornings because I restrict the use of the computer and/or XBox for gaming purposes. I went over to see how it was going--Ethan was an athlete and lived in a mobile home, and Mila was an entertainer living in a lakeside cabin. I noticed that Ethan's car had no wife in it, but he had a kid in the backseat. I asked, "How come Ethan didn't get married?" Mila explained, "Well, we accidentally skipped the marriage part, but look how many kids I have!" Sure enough, she had a carload of kids and no husband to be bothered with. Oh, how LIFE has changed in these modern times!

Also, a minute ago, I made hot cocoa and I asked Mila if she wanted Cool Whip in hers. "No thanks, Mom, that would be like taking credit for your chocolate." I didn't even ask for an explanation. Some things are better left untouched.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Seriously, where does Mila come up with everything? I would be in constant laughter with her in the house! Too funny!

Ron, Annette & Girls said...

That's funny! Maybe you're just raising some self-sufficient kids. I just noticed your comment on my blog. How funny that I wrote the whole entry about all the TV shows I'm watching before I read your comment! Have you seen Michael Vartan on Big Shots yet? I'm torn between my crush on him and the trashiness of the show!!

Ron, Annette & Girls said...

P.S. How's the new house?!?

King Family said...

That's great. I love LIFE. My kids like this game from their grandma called "Mall Madness", I wish they would play LIFE instead. Good to see you at RS conference.

Mandee said...

Your kids are so funny! Life is a Sunday favorite at our house, too. But I never win, and then I end up grumpy for the rest of the day.

erin said...

I love the things Mila says! Too cute.