Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's the 21st Century, Folks!

Mila and Ethan were playing the game of LIFE this morning, as they often do on Sunday mornings because I restrict the use of the computer and/or XBox for gaming purposes. I went over to see how it was going--Ethan was an athlete and lived in a mobile home, and Mila was an entertainer living in a lakeside cabin. I noticed that Ethan's car had no wife in it, but he had a kid in the backseat. I asked, "How come Ethan didn't get married?" Mila explained, "Well, we accidentally skipped the marriage part, but look how many kids I have!" Sure enough, she had a carload of kids and no husband to be bothered with. Oh, how LIFE has changed in these modern times!

Also, a minute ago, I made hot cocoa and I asked Mila if she wanted Cool Whip in hers. "No thanks, Mom, that would be like taking credit for your chocolate." I didn't even ask for an explanation. Some things are better left untouched.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Seriously, where does Mila come up with everything? I would be in constant laughter with her in the house! Too funny!

Annette said...

That's funny! Maybe you're just raising some self-sufficient kids. I just noticed your comment on my blog. How funny that I wrote the whole entry about all the TV shows I'm watching before I read your comment! Have you seen Michael Vartan on Big Shots yet? I'm torn between my crush on him and the trashiness of the show!!

Annette said...

P.S. How's the new house?!?

King Family said...

That's great. I love LIFE. My kids like this game from their grandma called "Mall Madness", I wish they would play LIFE instead. Good to see you at RS conference.

Mandee said...

Your kids are so funny! Life is a Sunday favorite at our house, too. But I never win, and then I end up grumpy for the rest of the day.

erin said...

I love the things Mila says! Too cute.