Monday, October 22, 2007

The Life of a Warrior

Ethan: I'm going to be a warrior when I grow up.

Me: What does a warrior do?

Ethan: Um, follow the Prophet and work.

Me: Cool. Are you going to have a wife and kids?

Ethan: Yes!

Me: Is your wife going to be nice to me?

Ethan: You're going to be my wife! We will have 1 million kids!

Me: I can't take care of that many kids.

Ethan: I will help you lots!

Me: Will one be named Hailey?

Ethan: Yes--you can take care of that one.

I love that he thinks I'm the ideal woman (capable of raising a million kids!) I wonder how many years before this sentiment wears off...

7 comments:

Mandee said...

I love conversations with my little boys. Especially ones that leave me felling like "yeah, they actually really do love me."

Mandee said...

sorry... leave me feeling. I so wish there was an edit icon next to that trash can.

Kristen said...

Very cute. I think Gunnar is going to be just like that. He can't get enough of me.

kacy faulconer said...

My son wants to marry me, too and in spite of the little-bit-creepyness, I encourage his love for me.

Jenni said...

that's so cute!!! I can't wait to have such intellectual coversations with Ethan in a few months...he's cracking me up from afar!

erin said...

Funny boy! I love how he thinks. Oh, and I get to dress the twins one day when we're together at Christmas! ;)

Jenni said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog!