Monday, November 03, 2008

This just in

For Family Night tonight, Ben was at school and Mila taught the lesson. She quoted something from the Proclamation on the Family, and so I took the opportunity to touch on the part of that document that pertains to marriage. After I explained a little bit about the importance of children having both a mother and a father, Mila said,

"Yes, also because the mother has to have the baby and the father is necessary because he has to fertilize the egg."

"Um, where did you learn that?"

"Well, I watched this Magic School Bus episode about chickens once and so I just assumed it was the same with humans. That was my hypothesis, anyway."

I swear to you, I do not make this stuff up. It looks like we will be having that "talk" sooner rather than later. At least half the work has already been done for me. Oy vay, chickens? Magic School Bus? Really?

8 comments:

Jenni said...

oh my gosh, she is seriously gonna give you a run for your money girl!!! Love her!

The McKay's said...

That girl is hilarious and priceless. Thanks for sharing. :)

Beeswax said...

I'm glad Ross isn't the only kid who throws around the word hypothesis in normal conversation (atho, that was not a normal conversation), but it makes me nervous that "hypothesis" might be the beat-me-up-at-recess trigger word for bullies. It really is too bad that Ross and Mila are cousins. It seems they would be perfect for each other.

k8shoe said...

Oh my, she's way too smart! Funny story.

Unknown said...

That is so funny. Beau always asks about babies and he wants us to make one like its a recipe! He'll say now how EXACTLY does the baby get in your tummy...
(Yikes)
Love, April

Betina said...

Mila cracks me up. Hypothesis. Seriously!?

Have fun with "the talk". And yor snuggli!

Shawn said...

Ok, so I forgot to tell you that I had the "talk" with Aydan.
You know how obsessed he is with bodies and everything that has to do with them. So, he kept asking and asking and finally, one day, I told him....

His answer: "EEwww, gross, Mom, stop talking about it!"

p.s. Do you remember what you said when I told you?
"Oh, thats what those kids were talking about on the bus!"

Yikes!

Amelia Merritt said...

Can we do that thing like in The Fantastiks where the parents pretend to hate one another so their kids fall in love and get married?